Monday, October 7, 2013

Domino's Latest Issue

Happy Monday ladies & 'gents!  I spent the weekend doing two things: reading magazines and sleeping. Literally, I think I clocked in about 20 hours of sleep since Friday night.  Oddly enough, most of my sleep time was during the day. I kid you not, both Friday and Saturday, I was wide awake at 3:30am.  The exciting part is that I had the chance to pick up Domino magazine's latest issue.  They are back, and back with a bang.  The best part is that you can now shop the room through their website.  They've blossomed into a sort of one stop shop (and they have free shipping on most orders!).  Love it.


There were two features that I absolutely loved: an NYC loft designed by Nate Berkus and Jeremiah Brent and the NYC townhouse of Ali Cayne (she owns a really cool restaurant and cooking school in the city called Haven's Kitchen).



I was drooling over these chairs.  




I really liked the way Berkus and Brent turned what was originally a dining room space into a lounge to suit the owner's more informal style of entertaining.  So bold.  This was a good reminder for me---I think sometimes we get stuck in the "what we should haves", and it's okay to go against the grain--our house should reflect who we are. 


Sorry the picture quality isn't the best.  If you squint really hard you can see Nate Berkus for Target's candlestick holder I mentioned last week on my wish list.  Who am I kidding--just click here to see a better pic! 











Did you get a chance to check out Domino yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment