Monday, March 4, 2013

Odd Setting, Perfect Place: The Ken Fulk Loft

Morning and happy Monday to ya!  I just came in from a morning walk with my sister and brother in law.  Their little bundle of joy, Sydney, will be here any day now, and we went walking with hopes to try to get the party started.  So, keep your fingers crossed everybody that she comes this week!  I'm so ready to meet her!

About two weeks ago, I posted a pic of designer Ken Fulk's dining room table .  This morning I wanted to share more pics of his home.  It's a perfect "Odd Setting, Perfect Place".  I came across his loft while reading a piece Diane Saeks (of The Style Saloniste) did on him.

His San Francisco loft is the perfect mix of whimsical, industrial sophistication. It's a former warehouse, complete with ceilings touching the sky and exposed brick everywhere you turn.  He houses his design studio on the first floor and lives on the top floor.











Love the huge sky lights!









I really like so many things about his bedroom area.  Loving the legs on that stool, and I like that he brought in a big dose of pattern with the hounds tooth chairs. My favorite part of this area is the canopy. It's so tall and over sized hanging from the ceiling.  I can only imagine the visual impact it has when you see it from other areas in the loft.














Creative use of a mirror as the backdrop for his sink.  It literally makes his bathroom seem larger.














I call this his library-foyer...nice!


What I like the most about Fulk's loft is that it's masculine and elegant at the same time, and it seems like you can visit a million times but always spot something unique and interesting that you hadn't noticed before. For the interview and more pics, check out The Style Saloniste.  You can take a look at his portfolio here.

In other news, I finally decided to do something I had been wanting to do for a long time.  Tomorrow I start my 6-week upholstery class and I'm so excited!  I plan to reupholster an antique chair from my grandmother's living room and can't wait to see how it turns out.


Make it a great day today ladies and 'gents!



No comments:

Post a Comment