Friday, January 18, 2013

Animal Prints for Grown Ups


Right after undergrad, I moved across the country to Houston and rented my very first apartment.  I had a great job, and couldn't wait to spend my own money decorating my own place.  One of the first things I bought was a West Elm chocolate brown 5'8'' zebra print rug.  I threw it in my living room, slid my dark brown Ikea couch on top of it, piled on some orange, gold and fuchsia pillows and painted an accent wall in a burnt orange-y color.  It was feminine and bold, and I loved it! Flash forward 7 years---I'm older, I still love animal prints, but I don't want to pull them off in the same "girls just want to have fun" way. 

I've been thinking of ways to incorporate my love for animal prints while still keeping our home sophisticated and grown up. I found some inspiration to add to my board! 


MASH 

This wallpaper would be great in a half bath!



I'm definitely stealing this! This is EXACTLY what I want to do to my stairs and hallway in my dream home (insert happy dance)!  


Happy Friday!






No comments:

Post a Comment