Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Favorite Trends of 2012

I have to confess that my New Year's Eve was so uneventful.  We had a change in plans, and I winded up falling asleep.  My husband woke me up at 11:51pm to come down stairs to watch the ball drop on TV. We toasted and then I sheepishly asked him if he'd be upset if I went back to bed! Horrible, right!?


Nevertheless, 2012 has come and gone, and I'm glad I lived to see it!  Every new year, I like to reflect on the past year--you know, lessons learned, things that were great, best moments.  Today I spent some time reflecting on some of my favorite design trends of 2012.

1.  Copper + Gold + Brass + Kitchen = LOVE 


Copper, brass or gold in the kitchen can be subtle, luxurious and can warm and enchant a kitchen.  By now, you probably know how much I love gold fixings, so this trend was right up my alley!

I think I love everything about this kitchen.   That fireplace was unexpected and I think I like it!  I love the marble countertops with the shine of the cabinets.  Is that chevron on the floor??

Okay, I have a lot to cover in this post so I'll quit talking and get to the pics!



01combined_rect540



01combined_rect540


2. The 80's made a comeback and neon was everywhere!

We saw neon everywhere this year--on nails, shoes, purses! But, we also saw it make its way from the runway into home decor too.  The key was to use neon in small pops or doses and combine with neutrals.  I can't say this was my favorite trend, but it's nothing less than cool in my book, and I came across some great ideas









3.  Ombre! Ombre!

While I would argue that the ombre hair trend is fading, I'm not so sure if the home trend is going to go so easily-- it had a strong run in 2012...


Love the West Elm ombre throw covers! 

Ombre-Shaded-Living-Room










4. Graphic Patterns

 My favorite place to see graphic prints are floors and accessories. The bolder the better in my opinion.   

Carden Cunietti - entrances/foyers - brass console tables, brass foyer tables, black granite console tables, black granite foyer tables, tiered console tables, tiered foyer tables, black and gold console tables, black and gold foyer tables, brass vases, gold vases, geometric pattern floor, geometric foyer floors, geometric patterned floors, white and gray floors, white and gray foyer floors, white and gray geometric floors, white and gray geometric foyer floors, door with moldings, door with decorative moldings, geometric doors, iron spindles, decorative iron spindles,





patterns duvet





Which trends were your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment