Thursday, November 8, 2012

Still Obsessing: Nail Head Trim

I love, love, love nail head trim.  They've been trending for a while now and in my head, they will never go out of style.  They're like furniture jewelry.    I'm also convinced that you can add them to almost anything, and I love seeing them on walls and doors.    




I want these doors!  Too bad I'm renting right now or else I'd make this my project this weekend (my uncle/landlord would kill me!).   I could see a glossy black door with gold nail head trim or something exactly like this color--a turquoise/teal-y mixture with gold.  

Black and white is just always instantly glamorous to me.  These doors look so cool and perfect and if this is the front door, you  know there's gotta be something beautiful waiting for you inside.

Notice the wall?  This is the dining room of designer Alex Papachristidis.  If you like pattern on pattern, jewel tones, and have a taste for the exotic you should check out his Manhattan apartment that was featured in Elle Decor last month.  That floor-- WOWSERS! 




 This DIY desk is so simple and chic.  Last year, Emily, of Jones Design Company blog, reworked this desk for her home office.  You can check out her tutorial here.



I plan to add nail head trim to my couch soon and will post pics of the finished product.

What projects have you done using nail heads?

2 comments:

  1. I never thought of putting nail heads in the wall, I may just have to try it in my dining area

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it. Let me know how it goes. Send some pics!

      Delete